Thursday, November 12, 2009

A simple photo with more than a simple meaning.

I took this photo this past weekend when we were doing some family pictures at my parents house. This may not look like much to an outsider but to me, it makes me want to cry. This is Cole with his Great Grandpa. As we were all walking around going about our day, I stopped and noticed that Cole was copying what ever his great grandpa was doing, which in this case it was reading the newspaper. I think right then and there I truly realized just how much Cole loves him. He asks about him all the time and wants to know if he is home and what he is doing and if he can see him. It is a very special bond between those two and it is something that Siena wont get to experience and that makes me sad. My grandpa is sick and he isn't going to get any better and Cole doesn't know that of course and that makes me sad to. I wish I could explain to him that Grandpa is sick, but I can't. My grandpa has prostate cancer and the tumor is affecting his bladder and kidney. My mom, dad, aunt and my sister (starting in Dec.) are taking care of him. He is doing as well as can be but that doesn't last forever. So all I can do is capture little moments like these. Moments that might not mean much to others but capture precious memories for my children.


I think she knows who he is.

3 comments:

Erin and Garrett said...

what a sweet picture. I have a 5 generation picture of my self, my mom, grandma, great grandma and great great grandma, definitely a treasure that I am so happy to have.

marisa said...

I love the picture and the story behind it. Cole will definitely appreciate the photo when he's older.

Elizabeth said...

Aimee, I'm really sorry about your Grandad. This is why your photos are so important, they will always be a comfort to you all.
Thanks for sharing this.
Elizabeth