Friday, May 1, 2009

No swaddling zone

Awhile back I did a post on the sight, sounds, and smells of a newborn and my friend Jac pointed out that I left out swaddling. Well I didn't leave it out on accident, I left it out on purpose. You see we are a no swaddling zone at the Fredy house. Siena hates to be swaddled. I have a theory about why she despises it so much. While inside of me she was confined to one particular area of the uterus and was never allowed to leave or move much due to the extremely short umbilical cord. Because of that lack of movement for 9 months, she is making up for it by moving all the time. So to attempt to swaddle Siena is like trying to get a toddler to sit still to eat a meal. Good luck with that. We can't even let her sleep at night in sleepers because she moves her legs so much that her legs come up out of the leg spot (forgive me for not knowing what they are called, I have no brain anymore) and get caught in the crotch area of the sleeper and then she wakes up pissed because her legs are stuck. So we use the sleep sack. She can kick and wiggle as much as her little heart desires and she wont get cold or stuck and wake me up. She doesn't even stop kicking long enough for you to get the sack zipped up! You have to watch out for her little toes.

No comments: