Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Chocolate Meringue Incident

Monday was one of those days. You know the type of day where you just want to run away. After a long morning of a broken washing machine (repair guy said it not worth it to fix), Cole sticking peanuts up his nose, and Siena refusing to sleep, Cole trying to feed Siena cornflakes, I'd about had it! I was tending to Siena and Cole was in the other room watching a movie. I heard him grab something off the counter but I didn't think much of it. I knew there were no knives or scissors so I wasn't too worried. About 5 minutes later I hear him cracking up and I can hear Onyx running around. I ran into the room to find this:

A chocolate covered boy who has consumed god knows how many chocolate meringue's and then gave the rest of the box to the dog. Actually I caught him tossing the last of them at her and she was frantically running around trying to catch them all. This entire container was FULL when I left it on the counter. That's a whole pound of meringues!

Needless to say, he was pretty proud of himself. He thought he had just done the best thing ever!

Poor Siena met the rath of chocolate covered Cole. Like I have said before, he is constantly giving her wet sloppy kisses and yesterday was no exception.

Dried meringue is not easy to wash off. This happened about 20 minutes before I needed to leave for work. I wasn't dressed, had no dinner made for me or Mike, I needed to put make up on so I didn't scare anyone with my stressed out appearance.

I am sure he would do it again in a heartbeat. Poor Onyx now has the runs and really bad gas. I can only assume she feels how we would if we ate a pound of chocolate meringue.

2 comments:

Erin and Garrett said...

At least Cole is good at sharing, right?! Poor dog, hope she recovers fast! We laugh about how our dog will probably start to really LOVE the baby once he is in the highchair stage...free food handouts!

marisa said...

This story definitely made me laugh! I loved it!