Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Cole's first ER visit

When I blogged yesterday about Cole and his allergic bug bites, I never imagined what was about to happen. I went to work yesterday evening and Cole had a red bump on his neck. By the time I got back from work - 3 1/2 hours later his neck was noticeably swollen. So off to the ER we went because I was worried about it affecting his breathing. 2 1/2 hours later we leave the ER with a diagnosis of exactly what we thought, but with the peace of mind of knowing his breathing was unaffected. This morning he was even more swollen. It goes from halfway on the back of his head, to the top of his ear and around to his cheek. You can see with the red arrows in the pic the normal side and the abnormal side. Notice the abnormal side has no definition between his chin and neck. The funniest part was that Cole fell asleep in the waiting room and slept through his entire exam. We had to force him awake to get his antibiotics in before we could leave. The nurse and I tried for 5 minutes and he would not wake up. Finally Mike was able to wake him up for a brief 5 seconds and then he was out again.

3 comments:

MegsCamaren said...

Poor baby. What kind of bug bite was it? Does it hurt or itch? Poor thing. Glad to hear he is ok.

Kris said...

Who would have thunk such a reaction from a bug bite! I would have totally flipped!

I am glad he is okay!

victoria said...

Poor Thing!