Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Siena's Tummy - week 1

So Siena has been on the Zantac for a week now. The vomiting has stopped completely. She is no longer vomiting every where she crawls and then dragging it behind her with her feet. She is sleeping much longer at night and during nap times. She is still not sleeping though the night but she is making it until 2:45 some nights before getting into bed with us. However her poops are still not firm in any way, shape or form (for lack of better words). She has even had mucus and blood in them. So after waiting a week we started her on the uber expensive formula this morning. And this after noon she had the most solid poop I have see come out of her. Not 100% yet but it fell right off the cloth diaper when I was cleaning it so to me that is firm. We will see over the next few days what happens. I sure hope she doesn't have a milk allergy but chances seem good at them moment since results were pretty much instant with the formula change. Unfortunately the formula smells horrific. I could not figure out what the smell was and Mike hit the nail on the headl "dusty cat food". Oh it is so gross. I smell it every time I kiss her. :-( I am thinking about calling the doctor tomorrow and reporting my experiment and then inquiring about allergy testing. More on that later.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Poor baby!!! I'm so glad to hear that the Zantac is helping and that the new formula might be better for her, even if it stinks and is expensive!!!

Christie said...

Hmm, sounds like you are on the right track to helping Siena out! Poor baby! At least the Zantac is helping her sleep better and has stopped the throwing up!