Friday, January 1, 2010

Good Bye 2009, Hello 2010



I can say for sure that I am happy to see 2009 go in to the memory books. This has been busy, exhausting, mentally challenging year for both Mike and my self. The year started out with a bang when Siena was born. Life went from easy (really one kid is a piece of cake) to "Holy crap what the hell just happened to my normal easy life". I started a photography business that has gotten me 4 referrals for weddings next year that I am super excited about! My job at the vet hospital is wonderful but I took on extra hours the last 4 months of the year due to a short staff and it about killed me. After a nice long 11 day vacation I can safely say that I am SO HAPPY to get back to my normal schedule. I am looking forward to getting our life back on track.


New Year's Goals revisited and new ones added

Last year my goals were to lose 30 pounds by May (pregnancy weight gain), learn to knit, stop saying "no" so much, acquire more photography clients, and live in the moment.

I lost 27 pounds, I did learn to knit and realized that it is not for me, I some how make rectangles every time but I did learn to croquet some awesome beanies! I still say "no" a lot. That one was too hard for me. I got a ton more clients this year and 4 weddings so far for next year. I did my best to live in the moment and I think I passed on that one. I got so busy that I couldn't really think past the moment. :-)

This year I have some new goals:

Get some sort of professional training for photography - signed up for a workshop yesterday!!!

Exercise at least 3 times a week whether it is walking at the park or doing a kickboxing video. I need to move! These last 5 pounds are not budging.

Cook more meals. I know that sounds easier said than done but I work 1-3 nights a week sometimes so I have to actually make meals at noon or bulk cook.

Find an easier way to process all my clients photos. I need a better system.

Organize my office. It is a disaster zone.

Print more pictures of my kids to hang up in the empty frames.

Finish all blurb books so by this time next year I can only be working on the last of 2010.

Date night with the hubby at least once a month. We need to eat a meal in peace and quiet.

Get out of credit card debt. The hospital bills and no interest things I am not worrying about at this point.

Be a better house keeper.

Return emails and phone calls in a timely mannor

Ok so that is a long list but it is doable. Life just got away from me over the last half of the year and I am happy to say "I'm back!"



No comments: