Monday, January 4, 2010

34 months

2 months away from 3 years old!!! Cole's vocabulary is so extensive it amazes me. He says the funniest things. He repeats everything you say. When he gets mad at Siena he calls her "anna" and yells it very loud. Here are some other things is says:

Siena was splashing in the dogs water bowl and Cole says "Siena is crazy on the dog water bowl"

"I happy to see you mommy"

The other day he was in a time out and he said to me "I sorry for hitting you, mommy"

We were in the car and I asked Cole what he wanted to ask Santa for on his Christmas list. He said "ummmm, I want that camel over there" and he points out the car window. Then he asked me "might there be a camel in the house?"

Cole is laying on the couch for his nap since he for some reason doesn't want to sleep in his bedroom these days. I am in the office with Siena and I hear him calling for me. I go out there and he says to me "momma, keep my feet warm" I look down and the blanket is folded, so I unfold it and cover his legs as well. As I start to walk away he says "momma hug me" then after the hug he says "give me kiss" then he looks at me and says "I miss you momma". What a sweetie! Then as I back away he is lift up the blanket with his two fingers. I look under the blanket and he has his index fingers and thumbs together in a triangle. He tells me "it's a little mountain."

At our annual family Christmas party Cole was grubbing on the dried apricots (family business) and he runs up to me and says "Mommy, these taste like strawberries"

Mike is trying to get Cole to go to bed. Cole is trying everything under the sun to not have to go to sleep.

"want to eat little pizzas"
"cole needs a haircut"
"Charlie make haircuts" - Charlie is our neighbor who cuts his hair.

When Cole is tired he says "Cole don't need a nap" and when he has to go to poop he will say "Cole no need go poo poo". If he really has to go poop he will yell "Cole go poo poo" When you ask him where he goes to the bathroom he will tell you "Go poo poo on toilet"

Cole is very into legos and his Thomas the train set right now. He goes back in forth between the two all day long. When he gives the dog a treat he must always take a bit of it first. (Don't worry, they are the traders joe's dog treats which are totally ok for humans to eat.) If you ask him what he wants to eat he will usually say no to everything but if you just put out food for him he sees it and says "Oh, yum!" and eats it. He is really into colorful food and when we told him we were going to the grocery store he said "are we getting blueberries?"

I put him on the scale last night and it said he was 31 1/2 pounds so I am thinking his lack of interest in food last month contributed to some weight loss. He comes up to my hips so he is getting close to 40 inches tall! He can still wear his 2T pants now because he is in underware and not a diaper but the 3T length fits him much better.

Cole knows how to get himself dressed and put on his socks and shoes. He can't tie his shoes yet, but most of them are velcro anyways. He still gets annoyed with Siena sometimes but the majority of the time he is such a sweet boy to her. Every morning he greets her with "Hi Siena" and he gives her hugs. However when they hug Siena has been biting him on his shoulder. Cole will tell you "Siena taste me"

4 comments:

Melanie H. said...

This post just melted my heart. I really love hearing about all the special little things, it's a window to a special little person. He's a gorgeous little man.
*Love*

Anonymous said...

that second photo makes me think you are gonna have trouble on your hands in about 15 years....

cole's aunt

White Family said...

HOLY COW Amy we are both close to having 3 year old's!!!! I have herd Terrible two's Horrible threes..... NOOOOOOOOOOO
And knowing our kids it will be HORRIBLE....

Esther and Brian said...

love the photos, total cutie...cole truly cracks me up with the stuff he says and some of the stuff he does...like those red big slippers, his froggie towel, some of his expressions, etc...he's hilarious!