Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Goodbye Swing

It's time to say good bye to the swing. You've been a great friend when I needed you. You kept my babies happy when they needed to sleep and refused to sleep in the crib.


Cole has enjoyed you more than ever. In fact I think he has used you more since Siena arrived than he did when he was little.



But when I leave the room to change Cole's diaper and my sweet, precious little girl looks like this.

And then I hear a blood curdling scream. I run into the room thinking the worst (coyote got my baby or a bee stung her). I get in to the room and find this. No baby in the swing. I finally look
down and find her on the floor. She was buckeled in but she would have needed a harness to keep her from falling out the way she did. I blame her non stop moving legs. If she would for on sec not be kicking everything in site then this would not have happened. I think she must have pushed her self out buy using the tray as leverage.

**this was a reenactment. Notice the "look" on her face when she is in the swing. She is thinking, "Holy crap! I'm back in this thing that made me do a back flip".

I took her to the Dr. yesterday afternoon. Perfect exam. No head trauma. No concussion or broken ribs. She might have a slight bruise on her left eye brow. She weighs 13# 10oz. We are so lucky she flipped the way she did and didn't land on her head and break her neck. That rug is no softer than the hardwood floor underneath it.

2 comments:

MegsCamaren said...

Oh my gooosh!! That is so crazy. You are lucky she only had a bruse. Goodbye Swing!

Erin and Garrett said...

poor baby! so glad she is ok...that must have been so scary for you