Saturday, July 11, 2009

Catching up

This little guy has been on a roll this week. He is trying to give his father a heart attack. One night while I was at work, Cole managed to take off his diaper and sit in various spots around the deck and leave poop in each location. In the same night he also covered the dogs back in edamame hummus.

I do think we need to utilize him more as a helper because he can surprise you with what he understands. Last weekend Siena pooped on me and while I was calling for Mike's helps, Cole took off and came back with a brand new package of baby wipes and opened it up and started wiping up the poop. Last night I asked Mike to get me the broom and he brings the outdoor one (umm not the broom I wanted, aren't you a mind reader :-) ), and then Cole comes running in from the deck with the broom I needed! Yesterday morning he brings me wipes and starts touching Siena with them. I realize that she had spit up and he noticed and wanted to help me clean up. He is so observant!
Speaking of Siena, she had been getting on a better napping schedule until we gave her formula. Now she has gas galore and is constantly uncomfortable. I am not happy about this formula situation but I don't know what else to do. Little miss piggy cleaned out my stock pile of breastmilk and until I can build it back up she will have to get the occasional bottle of organic formula (costs and arm and a leg, why can't target brand do organic??).
We said good bye to Michael Jackson with the rest of the world this week.

Cole has been in boy heaven since I brought up the box of lego's from the garage. These are Mike's legos from when he was little. I think he is actually a little too protective over them. :-) But it is too cute to see them building things together.

Cole discovered the lego basketball set and has been shooting hoops ever since.

Sometimes Cole decides to be nice to Onyx. She doesn't quite trust him though. I wouldn't either. He kept telling me "Shhhh" when I would go near them to take a picture.

Onyx's lake incident hasn't stopped her from being water crazy. I think she uses the pool more than Cole.
Besides her foot, Siena has discovered something new....toys! And she loves them. She even passed a toy from one hand to the other.

Cole gave her the bear when she was hollering at me.



She still loves that naked time. I try to give her about an hour a day. I think I should be working more on tummy time but naked time makes her happier.

The other day Cole sat next to me on the couch while I was nursing Siena. He had this little doll in his hands. He points to it and says "mama". He then proceeds to point to her boobs and say "num num". What?? Does my son think I look like a hoochie? I also think he is watching Siena nurse way too much. Mike informed me that the day before he pointed to her butt and said "poo poo". Maybe I shouldn't worry too much.

No comments: