Saturday, July 4, 2009

28 months

Yup! He's still doing that goofy smile. This past month we have seen a huge jump in his vocabulary. He is starting to use more words to describe actions that he sees or does. He will ask me "What's that?" and point to his food. I tell him what it is and he responds with "it's num!" (it's yum). Anything that is used to provide nutrition to humans, animals, or plants is referred to as "Num num". For about 2 weeks he used a term that sounded like "Rey rey" but we think it means "it went" He is also saying "My dada" in reference to Mike. Other words he is using are: "Prise" (surprise), "chewing, mowing, or pooing" He has even started memorizing books and reading them back to us in his own way. He says "Up pup" from Hop on Pop and when looking at his dinosaur book he describes each page. Of course everything in site is "MINE" according to Cole. He is still really into balls. He finds them everywhere. At Trader Joe's the other night he was getting mad because he could not have the beach balls they use for decoration up on the walls.

This is the look I get most of the time when I want to take a picture of him.

He really does try to take swings at the camera.

Our favorite phrases of his right now is "Going down" and he points at us just like in this picture. Not sure who taught him the phrase "your going down" but he seems to think it's pretty funny.

We find him sleeping like this a lot. He will spend all night curled up on the floor with his alligators.

Potty training is still far off. He is slowly getting the idea but refuses to use the potty. He will however take of his diaper when he has to go to the bathroom and poop or pee on the deck. We are working to curb this behavior really fast. At least he has started recognizing the feeling of having to go. He will tell us when he has pooped also by saying "i poo poo" or "I pooing" This morning I was checking my email, nursing Siena, and eating breakfast (my normal routine) and Cole was behind me talking but I was only half listening and I turn around and look right into a poopy diaper. Cole was holding it up for me and saying "mama, poo poo". He was so proud of himself.

He has started calling Siena "Go-gaa" for some reason. He is still really attached to her and is CONSTANTLY hugging and kissing her. He loves to get into the co-sleeper and lay next to her. If he knows she is sleeping he will hold his finger to his lips and say "shhhhh". Other times he just runs up and pounds on the door waking her up.

No comments: