Sunday, July 26, 2009

Afternoon Trip to Sugar Pine

Yesterday afternoon we decided to take a little road trip up to Sugar Pine Reservoir. A friend that I had not seen in about a year was camping up there so we thought we'd drive up and surprise them.

I learned that you must always double check any type of online directions before heading out on a new adventure. Google maps sent us down an four wheeling road to get to the reservoir. Of course it was fun since we have the most awesome vehicle for 4 -wheeling (X-terra) but a little bit unexpected.

All along the dirt road were these GIANT "wishies". I have no clue what they are really called. By giant I mean like 4 inches in diameter. I have seen "Horton hears a who" about 15 times this past week and all it's all I could think about driving by these "wishies".
Finally! A paved road!

The view of the reservoir from the dam.

We decided to take Iowa Hill Rd. home since it was closer to use than going back into Foresthill. It was a long road but it was paved. Neither of us had been on that road before.
I think I may have found the only sunflower in Iowa Hill. The sun was shining perfectly on it.



The "two" lane road. This is what the road is like the entire 15 miles. And yes it drops straight down into the American River on the right side of this photo.
At the base of the road. The American River and the old Iowa Hill bridge.

The road we took the picture of the car on. Overall it was fun adventure. The kids were as well behaved as one would expect on a 2 1/2 hours road trip with little running around. We never found our friends which was a bummer but we had fun trying.

2 comments:

White Family said...

I LOVE all these photos!

Aimee Hutchison said...

Ha Ha- I'm so sorry you got lost- now I know why I see people on Finney Mill road looking so lost. Because they followed google maps! Poor people. But hey, You got some great pictures.