Monday, July 13, 2009

The bottle

My baby can hold a bottle. How I was not aware of this is beyond me. But the last time I gave her a bottle she was 7 weeks old (she's 21 weeks now). So how is it that I came to discover this you might ask? Well after a 20 minute battle with a baby who REFUSED to nurse and would scream to the point of choking, I gave in and offered her a bottle of formula because that was the quickest solution, rather than waiting to defrost breast milk while she is screaming and keeping Cole up from his nap. (He's in his room saying "mama, she crying") She instantly grabs the bottle and sucks it right down all while holding on tight to that bottle. Makes me kinda of want to cry. She'd better not think she's done nursing.

And then there's Cole. He hasn't had a bottle since he was 14 months old. He suddenly has been asking for a bottle. I guess Pooh Bear needs it.

No comments: