Saturday, June 13, 2009

Toddler Talk & Happenings

We pull up to Rubios. Cole starts saying "num num" He knew the restaurant before we even told him where we were. I'm glad he has no clue what McDonalds is.

"mine mom mom" referring to his fruit snacks - who taught him to say mine? We rarely use that word. I think it was the pigeons from Nemo. Mine, Mine, Mine.

"up, go, out, now, mom mom" wanting me to go on the deck with him because "dada" went next door.

"I po po" (poo poo) even though he really didn't go

"no mom oknee da" - No mom only dad - referring to me asking to be involved in the rolling of the baseball.

Cole walks into office "num num mom mom" I turn to look at him and he is eating half a stick of butter. That's my boy!

Learning to pee on the potty:

Cole's friend Bree was over and she is potty trained. Everytime she needed to pee Cole went in the bathroom also so he could see some one his age using the potty. Later that night when I was at work and Mike was changing Siena's diaper, Cole snuck out of the bath tub and Mike found his squatting on the closed toilet peeing.

The I'm smarter than you attempt:

Scene: Nap time

I put Cole down for his nap. He fights it like usual these days. I close the door. I always give him one chance before locking it. I go in the office to make a phone call and when I come out into the kitchen I notice out of the corner of my eye a little blond head drop down. I walk over to the couch and he is lying on the floor hiding between the coffee table and the couch. His bedroom door is closed.

I am assuming he thought that if he closed his door I would still think he was in there sleeping and not find him hiding.


The listen to your mother, but really ignore her instead situation:

Scene: Office, Siena on my lap, Cole jumping on boppy on the floor

Me: Cole stop jumping please
Cole: NO!
Me: One, two, three
Cole tries to run on 3, slips and smacks chin on desk. Top vampire teeth go all the way through tongue like he pierced it. Tongue's bleed a lot!
Now his tongue looks like it has a pea on each side of it. Cole keeps sticking out his tongue and saying "ow!" and pointing to it.

The I'm gonna try and run from mom so I don't have to come inside attempt:

Scene: 24 hours exactly after the tongue incident, in the horse pasture on our property.

Cole ran down there and I took off after him. He found a ball in the trof. I tell him he can have the ball be then we are leaving. He says "NO! MOM!" and turns and trips on dried horse poop and falls face first into the barbed wire fence. He comes up screaming holding his hands over his face. All I can think about it that his eyes got poked out. I look at his face, no blood. Then he turns and I see the blood. He has about 1/4 to 1/2 inches cut on his head. Dr. says it doesn't need stitches but a it needs a staple to heal the hole where barb punctured his head.

He was so good for the Dr. He kept running from me when I tried to clean it. He didn't even flench when they put the staple in and they don't numb the area first!

1 comment:

Ginnie said...

Hey, just like my son Kaleb when he hit his head. It must be a boy thing ;)