Thursday, June 4, 2009

27 months

27 months already! We have really started to notice Cole's language skills developing more. He is putting 2 and 3 words together at a time. A common one is "Please mom mom" or "no mom (or dad)" "go" and he points to where ever he wants us to be. He still is using his own hand signal language. When he wants me to go outside he runs over to me and grabs my feet and puts them on the ground and then he brings me my shoes. "Please mom mom" "out please" "up please" Hey at least he says please every time!

When he sees Siena sleeping or I tell him to be quite that sister is sleeping, he holds his finger to his lips and says "shhhhh" and then if I talk again he repeats his "shhhh" and points at me.
He is now saying grandma "gaaama" and grandpa is "baba".

As far as understanding goes, he continues to impress us with his ability to do what we ask of him even if it seems like it is something he shouldn't understand. He even helped out Mike this week while I was at my night shift. He allowed Mike to take care of Siena with out throwing a fit when Mike explained he needed to go get sister and he'd be right back. Cole would just say "shoe-r" and then wait for Mike to come back and finish the story.

Cole has regressed in his sleeping habits. A few weeks ago we were able to actually put him to bed awake (with a night light) and he would go to sleep. But now he is throwing fits again after spending the weekend away and being able to sleep next to daddy. So we are really working on getting him back into his routine. When this kids gets off his schedule he get grumpy and you do not want to be in his path.

He loves balls. Baseballs, basketballs, soccer balls, if it's a ball he wants it and if the dog gets the ball it is like WWIII between the two of them. Cole is very mechanical. He can figure out how to solve a problem very quickly. He got his toy car wheel caught on his wagon wheel and he started to whine to my mom and she told him to get down and look at it. So he got on the ground and looked at both wheels and unhooked them and then went on his way with the car.

He still enjoys eating hummus. His face is covered in it in the above photo. He has gotten a little bit picker these days so it is making it a little bit more difficult for me to make his meals. He has strayed away from pesto which he used to eat like crazy. He really likes trail mix, sour cream and onion puffed corn from Trader Joes, chicken nuggets, fish sticks, blueberries, cinnamon applesauce, chocolate soy milk, and cheese.

We are no where close to potty training Cole. I don't see how it will happen with out his cooperation. Last night was the first time in a long time where he actually sat on his potty. He did not pee on it, but I think it is a step in the right direction.

Cole weighs 30. I know this because he always has to weigh himself when he is in the bathroom. He has even learned that if he doesn't stand still the numbers wont show up.

No comments: