Saturday, June 13, 2009

I am not ready for this

I am probably one of the few mom's out there that doesn't mind diapers. My willingness to do cloth probably suggested that. But no matter how much I don't mind cleaning those poopy diapers I don't want to clean poop up off the floor. That's why Mike did it today.

Cole was down for his nap and right before I left the room he said "mom I po po" I'm thinking ok there's gonna be a poopy diaper when nap time is over. I'm ok with that. So 3 hours later I am in the kitchen and hear Cole yelling "Mom Mom". I go to open the door and when I do I see Cole squatting naked on his rug. He says "Mom I poo poo" Since I could smell it but not see it I knew what had happened. I looked down before stepping in to the room which is a good thing because he had so kindly pooped and peed on the floor and not the rug. His diaper and pants were in the corner and the diaper was poop free so he at least gets the idea that you take the diaper off to poop. However I don't think picking up your poop and putting it in your toy basket counts as good manners. He lost some toys today.

I am not ready to start potty training but I guess Cole is. It has been about 4 months which is what I predicted he would do. We will see.

No comments: