Monday, June 15, 2009

Mini Burger Cupcake Birthday


Look good don't they? They are an awesome combination of cake and brownie. I got the idea from Bakerella and they were a huge hit. This months cupcake birthday fell around Grandpa Glenn's birthday so in honor of him I made mini sirloin burger cupcakes because he sings that song from the commercial to get Siena to fall asleep.


This was the first time Cole was actually interested in eating the cupcakes. I'm not sure if it is because they looked like little burgers or if it is because he is finally getting little kid "I love all things sugar" bug.

I think he had 3 or 4 of them.


When I was editing this picture Cole ran up and said "OHHHH!!!! Num Num!" and then walked away. He came back into the room holding one up in the air just like the photo and said "Mine mama"


You know Siena wanted one. Look at her reaching for that little burger.

My kind of meal, burger, Dr. Pepper, and dirty, cupcake covered little boy to give me hugs!

***I guess I should disclose that I don't let my 2 year old drink soda. The can is full. We thought it would make for a good shot. :-)

6 comments:

JCW said...

That is the cutest thing ever!! I'm having Natalie's plygroup friends over this Thursday which happens to be her birthday...I might have to make those! I think I saw that book at Target?

Erin and Garrett said...

i could go for one of those cupcake right now!

Melanie H. said...

He's your kid alright! Dr Pepper! LOL I love it!

Elissa said...

Those are so fun looking. What a great "surprise inside" kinda treat! They look so yummy!

Melissa said...

What a clever idea! Your kids are lucky to have such a fun mom and one who captures all the fun with her camera too! You do a beautiful job.

marisa said...

Your Burger cupcakes turned out super cute! That's a good idea to use brownies. When I make these I use chocolate chocolate chip cookies and they look just like patties. :)