Sunday, March 29, 2009

Waking the beast


Cole fell asleep in the car on the way home from grocery shopping.  When that happens then nap time is screwed.  Since it was so early (10:45am) when we got home, we woke him up and gave him lunch.  Then at 12:30 we put him down for his nap.....I guess I should of said we put him down for play time.  That kid did not sleep!  We went in there many times and put him in his bed and each time he would get up.  We removed toys, turned off lights, took away water, etc.. until we had finally had it with him not sleeping.  At 2:30 we let him out.  Hey if he isn't going to sleep, he has to at least rest in his room.  MOM NEEDS NAP TIMES TO RECOUP OR SHE GETS VERY UNHAPPY!!!!!!!!!

So we decided to go to the park.  It was little to windy and Siena wanted to eat the whole time so we packed it up and went home.  Well guess who fell asleep on the 10 minute ride home.  So it is now a quarter to 5 and if we let him sleep to long then it screws with bed time but he really seems tired.  So we opted for a 30 minute nap and that we would wake him up at 5:15pm.  

This kid would not budge from our tickles, pokes, calling his name, etc.. so we enlisted Onyx to help.  She started at the hands and then licked his face up and down.  He still didn't wake up!  I guess he really was tired.  About 5 minutes later we got him up.  He was cute at first but them he went into crazy mode where his is hungry, thirsty, crabby, hold me don't hold me, I didn't ask for food or a drink mood.  So I stuck him in his room because he was whining and screaming.  I held him down breifly since he was trying to hit me and told him if he didn't stop crying I was closing the door and he could stay by himself.  He responded with an "oh ya ya".  I got up, closed the door and walked out.  He continued screaming and I waited for the head butt on the door, but it never came.  Five minutes later Mike went in and he was still on his bed crying.  

It took another 30 minutes before he would not try to hit us.  He played alone and came out of his room when he was no longer grumpy.

Moral of the story:  Don't wake the sleeping beast unless you want to lose an eye.

No comments: