Thursday, March 5, 2009

Just when I thought I'd finally got this 2 kids thing down...


Finally a sunny, warmish day!  I was so excited to get Cole outside and running around before lunch and nap time.  Cole was dressed and ready to go, I was dressed and ready to go and all I had to do was get Siena's diaper changed and then stuff her into the Bjorn.  And by stuff I mean swaddle up in a blanket to take up the extra space until she gains 2-3 pounds.

I walk out of the office / changing station room to find our front door wide open and Onyx standing in the kitchen.  I quickly look around for Cole and he is nowhere to be seen!  I run to the other room and check his hiding places and sure enough, no Cole.  Now I start to panic.  Oh shit, I've lost a kid!  I run out side and check on the deck, no Cole.  I go to the carport, no Cole.  I then decide I need more help so I run next door to grandma and grandpa's house and who do I see when I turn the corner....Cole hanging out with grandma and grandpa.  I was so relieved but so pissed at him at the same time.  

Turns out Hank and Onyx were coming over to beg for treats and Onyx barked at the door (when I think back I do remember hearing a bark while I was getting Siena ready) and of course Cole opened the door for her to let her in.  I guess he then decided I was taking to long so he'd go on out by himself.  I guess then grandpa whistled for the dogs to come back and Hank, being the good dog that he is, went right back next door and Cole followed behind.  They figured I had been outside and was on my way over so there was no need to run Cole back to our place.  

Time for a chain lock at the top of the door.  I am now envisioning our house to be like on of those apartments in the city where you hear someone opening 12 locks before the door finally opens up.....

I guess I should mention for those of you that don't know, we live on 2 acres, in the mountains, at the end of a court on a hill with no street, no traffic, no chance of the kid getting run over.  Bucked by a deer, maybe...

No comments: