Monday, March 16, 2009

Life update

This little guy is finally "over" having a sister.  The presents have stopped coming, mom and dad are still paying attention to her, thus I must now act out.  He is desperate for attention and he will try to get it any way he knows how, whether it involves biting Siena (hard), stomping Onyx's feet, throwing his toys at anyone and everything, or just throwing the BIGGEST tantrums we have ever witnessed.  I feel bad for the little guy.  He seems sad some times.  I do my best to give him one on one time but Siena wont lay in her crib or the swing for more than 5-10 minutes with out screaming.  She has been going on these nursing sprees and she wont take a pacifier so if she is not on the boob she is not happy.  We did figure out that if we need her to nurse I just have to give her to Mike and she will be hungry in 5 minutes.  We aren't sure why?  

When Cole does get the attention he is seeking, he is the most loving, cuddling little guy.  He even lets me take pictures of him now, even though they all end up with a face like this.  Today I got him to do an exercise video with me.  He lasted through the warm up part but he was copying what I was doing.  It was so cute.  When I do let Cole hold Siena, he loves it.  He sits on the couch like a proud big brother and smiles.  He leans in to give her kisses a lot, but some times he sneaks in bites and I know because Siena will start crying.  Cole is also asking to nurse.  I wont let him for fear of being bit.  He walks up to me when Siena is nursing and points to my boob and then points to his open mouth.  I tell him "no, that is for Siena", he glares at me and then walks away.
Cole is still sleeping great.  This past week he has been getting up at 4:45 am but at least he was asleep by 9pm!  Cole is also hiding his fingers in his mouth when I ask for them (wash or cut nails, etc...)
This little girl has started to hold her head up!  Each day she gets better and better at it.  She feels so big to me now!  But when you think about the fact that she is still smaller than the average newborn it puts it in perspective for me.  I can't not imagine life with out her.  When she isn't being feisty and screaming for more food (her screams may not even be considered loud to some people) she is just staring at us with her big BLUE eyes.  I love how in pictures, like the one below, it looks like she has a mohawk.  That is the only spot her hair is thin in. We think she must have been wedged down there when the hair starting growing that that side didn't get the opportunity to grow hair.  Siena grunts all night long.  During the day she is pretty quite.  At night she is a noise making machine.  She has also started grabbing my hair which reminded me why I cut it off when I had Cole.  Siena's eye lashes are also more noticeable and looking like she will have her brother and fathers eye lashes.  Lucky girl!
Both Mike and I are doing great!  It does feel like we are constantly doing house work, but we always find time to play.  We both get way more sleep than anyone with a newborn and 2 year old should.

1 comment:

Mackenzie said...

what a great photo of Cole's pout and mad face. I love it~