Thursday, March 26, 2009

Tired mom - life in a nutshell

Siena has been keeping me up the last few nights.  She won't go to sleep if the light is off.  She screams while nursing.  She has to nurse for HOURS....I think it is my fault.  I first stopped eating salad because I was having one for every dinner for the past week, still happened.  So tonight I did not have a diet cherry coke.  I don't even know why I am drinking them in the first place.  They are horrible for you, but I felt like I needed the extra boost or I'd fall asleep and then I'd wake up and find Cole cooking a meal or something and I don't want the extra calories.  So minus the diet chemical drink today and I can safely say I think it was the problem.  She is sound asleep in her crib (big shock since she has been refusing to sleep in her crib).  I should have known.  Diet drinks make me feel awful.  If my body would not freak out over espresso or tea I'd go that route but then I get sick.  Oh well.  The princess is sleeping and not being feisty.  That's all I can ask for!

Cole wants nothing to do with me unless I am the only option.  He has major fits when Mike's leaves for work and takes swipes at me.  Today he bit Siena on the cheek. twice.  I was so mad at him.  I was trying to cook dinner (It was 3 pm and you guys wonder why I start dinner so early) and I look over to the swing and Cole is leaning in to kiss her cheek and I see her flinch as he is coming back up.  And then the crying begins.  Cole walks away smugly.  Now what, let ground turkey burn, comfort Siena or punish Cole.  I push the pan off the burner, grab Cole, put him in a time out, kiss Siena,  put Cole back in time out, go to kitchen make sure nothing fell on hot burner, put Cole back in time out, debate whether to get Siena out of swing, put Cole back in time out, turn off burner and give up on dinner for awhile, retrieve Cole from time out circle, discuss why he can not bite Siena, go get a drink of water, see Cole biting her again, repeat time outs for the next 10 minutes, and then I ran away.  Ok kidding on the last part, but oh how I dreamed of locking myself in the bathroom, filling up the tub, and reading the entire twilight saga again.  That should be enough time to recoup, right?  But no, I still had an hour to go before Mike was home from work.  Oh and this entire time Onyx was trying to get me to feed her dinner so I had a 60 pound Lab under foot the entire time.  She has yet to realize that her meals are no longer my first priority.


1 comment:

Petersen Family said...

Ohhhhh Aimee. I feel your pain. I am sure I am not as sleep deprived as you are though, so it is worse for you hands down. Just think though...a week from today you will be swept away in the Twilight event of the century. It will make you feel better. I promise.

PS I GOT MY COMPUTER BACK!