Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Chico Weekend

This past weekend we spent in Chico. Our good friends Lauren and Mazi were married last August and had their wedding reception in Chico this past weekend. I photographed it (are we surprised?). We got to Chico at 7:30 am Saturday morning. It was a beautiful drive from my parents house at sunrise. I love early mornings!

We take a short cut to Chico that takes about 20 minutes off the drive. Beware of potholes galore though. I got a pretty bad flat tire from one years ago. This is also where the strawberry stand from the last post is.



While I was shooting wedding pics that morning, Mike and the kids visited with Kelli and Scott and then after I was done we all went to Kelli's brother's house to celebrate his 35 birthday. Siena was in love with their swing.

At 3pm the reception started. We stayed until about 10pm enjoying the festivities and music. There was a band and dj. Mazi even got on stage and free styled which was really good! We had great mexican food from the taco truck (such a great idea to feed a lot of people!) and of course good company!

Cole makes new friends where ever he goes. Later in the night he asked us "Where's my new kid at?"
Mike did a great job of keeping the kids together (for the most part, Cole was determined to be with the big kids the entire time). Siena kept him super busy!

Siena also discovered a new game and conned everyone into playing it.





On Sunday we spent the morning with Kelli and Scott on the ranch.
Cole got to feed her miniature horse "minnie". He was a little scared of her.





Cole's other favorite friend this weekend was "Stee-wer" (Steeler). Cole chased him around for hours and played fetch for quite awhile.

In the afternoon we visited my other good friend Johnna and her son Wyatt. I think Siena liked having some one her size to play with. She kept trying to kiss him.







To see more of the wedding you can go to the blog for a preview. White Daisy Blog


4 comments:

Katie said...

AAAAGH that picture of Siena standing and staring at the camera is making my decision to NOT HAVE KIDS until I'm like 25 or older SO HARD, AIMEE, Please stop having such adorable children.

Also, you need to have me babysit again so I can snuggle your kids. :)

Erin and Garrett said...

Is Siena wearing Saltwater Sandals in these pictures? I had never heard of them until recently when Garret's Mom told me that all her boys wore them when they were little and that she would be buying Quinn his first pair next year...I guess they are kind of a big deal?! haha. Great photos, as usual!

Esther and Brian said...

gorgeous photos...as a show maniac, of course I noticed her sandals- sun san! so cute...thanks for the offer on the photos- I'll find one that I would be curious to see what a pro would be able to do! thanks bunches in advance...

ps: "where is my kids at?"= cracks me up

Kristen said...

Yeay for a Chico trip! The weather was just gorgeous. Your pictures are as usual!! Love the tree one. I had those same sandals in high school :)