Thursday, September 17, 2009

4 year anniversary

Yup! That's right! We've been married for 4 years now. And about 15 hours ago I realized that I had almost forgotten our anniversary. Yes you read that correctly, the wife forgot the anniversary. The only reason it even occurred to me is because I was asked at work yesterday what the date for tomorrow and after I said it, I stopped to think about why that date sounded familiar.....But don't worry, Mike forgave me. But secretly I think he forgot too.

So to celebrate our four years I am going to share pictures from our honeymoon in Italy. We took 29 rolls of film - yes film. We did not bring our digital camera (at the time the digital rebel was way out of our reach and we didn't want to lose the one we did have). The 35mm took better pictures. But I had the negatives put on cd and lets just say that 4 years later the pictures don't transfer as well. There are a lot of pictures of just us because this post is about us. Plus I hardly ever put up pictures of the parents. Some day I will post individual pics of the different towns we went to on our two separate trip to Italy. Maybe I'll even do Ireland and Scotland....that's when I have free time. :-)

Enjoy the pictures of me pre baby (10 pounds lighter) and Mike with hair!


Rome: our first stop on our two week trip


Venice - great memories, we stayed in an attic of a Venetian families house.

Lake Como - Bellaigo - I was keeping an eye out for George Clooney

The view from our hotel room. One thing about the least expensive hotel on the lake - bugs in the rooms!
Benno and Lukas drove down from Zurich and stayed a few days with us.
Lukas thought the lighter made for a romantic picture. :-)

Lake Como is an amazing lake! I can totally see why celebrities have secret homes here. Also it is such a rough, sometimes single lane road that a lot of people stay away.

The train. We took many trains. I refuse to drive in Italy. We took a taxi in Rome to Vatican City and it scared me half to death. Buses and trains are the way to go!

Cinque Terre - One of our favorite places in Italy. It is a costal area in north west side of the Italian Riveria. There are 5 towns lining the coast and you can either hike, take a train, or a boat to get to each town. Cars can not access the towns! We choose to hike after taking the train in from La Spezzia. The hike from the top town (5th) Monterosso al Mare to the Vernazza (4th town) and from Vernazza to Corniglia (3rd town) is like hiking in the back country of Yosemite. It is a very hard hike and isn't for the weak or wimpy. It will kick your butt so if you think you will wimp out halfway through take the train or boat, the only way out is to hike. No one is coming to your rescue!

This is the view of Vernazza on our way to Corniglia. Just breath taking! We had lunch down by the water before continuing on to the 3rd town.





We ate lunch at those little yellow umbrellas.


Vernazza
San Gimignano - one of the hill towns in Tuscany. Our first trip to Italy we went to Siena, Pisa, Lucca, and Viarregio so we wanted to check out another town. This town is known for their towers and still is preserved in it's midevil look. We ate at a bruschetteria. It was AMAZING!


Florence - This was our second time in Florence. We love this city. It has the best gelatto! Here is a picture of us from atop the Duomo.

6 comments:

Petersen Family said...

I got to get myself to Italy.....hello lovely place, where have you been my whole life?

Erin and Garrett said...

Happy 4 years!

MegsCamaren said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MegsCamaren said...

Awe I can't believe it has already been 4 years!! Time flies when life if busy and two babies later. I am so very happy for you guys and thanks for sharing the honeymoon pics, makes me want to jump on a plane. I am so happy to have you guys as my friends and I wish you many more happy years together!
Megs

lise shadle said...

Michael and Aimee......Happy Anniversary! You're a lovely couple and I can't wait to actually meet you someday Aimee :) The kids are gorgeous and I wish you all many more happy years together :) Time really does fly....I've been married for 15yrs and I have no idea where the time has gone.....enjoy the ride....

The Fredy Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.