Monday, April 13, 2009

Siena's 2 month check up


Siena now weighs 9 pounds and 5 ounces which means she gained 2 pounds and 7 ounces over the last month!  She is 20 inches tall, so that's another 1 1/4 inches in a month.  Here's the funny part: she is in the 14% percentile for weight and the .49% for height.  Yes that's .49% as in a half of a percent, less than 1%!  But the best part is when you compare her weight to height ratio she is off the charts as in SUPER CHUNKY!!!  She has rolls and I love it!  So to sum up the visit she is chunky, has a head tilt, her head is NOT flat and she is doing great!

Now to sum up how well Cole behaved on my FIRST outing with two children...well let's just say I learned my lesson.  Why did I even think that it would go ok?  He was throwing his shoes across the waiting room, trying to hit me, yelling no to the receptionist when she so kindly put a movie on to calm him down.  It's wasn't a movie he wanted to watch.   The in front of the Dr. he basically gave me a big F.U. and was so disobedient that I was practically in tears.

I was so frustrated, pissed off and I really had to pee, so as soon as the Dr. left I packed everyone up, made sure I had everything since Cole unloaded the diaper bag in the toy basket and took off to the bathroom.  When I was finished I turned to walk out the the nurse stopped me as said "are we ready for shots?"  Holy crap!  Siena was getting shots today and we had just discussed not 10 minutes before how I was unsure about giving her shots today because it was my first day back at work and I didn't want her to be hurting and crying tonight when Mike was all alone with them.  We talked and decided that it was ok to give them since babies usually don't have reactions to the first set of vaccines.  

So back to the room we go and of course Cole begins right in again so to distract him I let him play with the faucet while I help with Siena.  Poor Siena.  Cole never cried much for vaccines and so I was not prepared for Siena to scream bloody murder and turn as red as a tomato.  So of course that set the tears off again.  

They both fell asleep on the car ride home and Cole is 1 1/2 hours into a his nap that doesn't usually start until noon.  I'm overwhelmed and of course going back to work doesn't help the emotions either.

Cole has his 2 year check up on Friday am I looking forward to seeing how much he has grown.

No comments: