Monday, April 27, 2009

The newest digital member to the Fredy family


Our newest camera arrived today. Some of you might wonder why I would get a point and shoot when most people are wanting to buy the DSLR. Well I have a DSLR, 5 lenses and a ton of accessories. While this is all fine and dandy it still leaves me to haul around a giant camera. When there was one kid it was fine but with two and Siena is almost always in the bjorn when we are outside, I don't really have the option of carrying my nice camera. Also with all the stuff that comes along with kids, the camera bag is one more thing I have to make room for in the stroller. Plus I don't want to ruin my camera at the park, zoo, aquarium, etc...

So Mike and I talked it over and since our point and shoot we have was a 5 mega pixel that took grainy photos was not the quality we wanted or the connivance of being able to put it in our pocket (it is thicker than most cameras), we decided to purchase a new one. Since we are canon snobs all other brands were out of the question. Next was to find one that was around $200 and did not take AA batteries. I refuse to purchase a camera that does not have a rechargeable battery.

After reading reviews we ended up with the Canon SD890 IS. The IS stands for image stabilization. Awesome! The camera is a 10 mega pixel, IS, face detection, and red eye fix. It works a lot like my DSLR for focusing (hold the button halfway down) and has tons of silly options like aquarium setting (to achieve the perfect aquarium pictures - I'm not kidding), color swap (meaning if can make the sky the color of your shirt if I wanted to), continuous shooting, kids and animals setting, and much more. I am in love and it has only been here for 2 hours.

I have a feeling this might be a problem for me.

No comments: