Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Happy 30th birthday Mike!

Mike turns 30 today!  Now I am not alone!  Yay!!!  Here are 30 things you may or may not know about Mike.

1) The best lunch I’ve ever had was $1 tacos and Pacificos in Cabo San Lucas.
2) I don’t like butter on my pancakes, just syrup.
3) One of my favorite songs is Jolene by Cake.
4) I like Jägermeister but not black licorice.
5) I still play with Legos.
6) I have bought 3 boxes of cereal in the past month just because there were legos inside.
7) I haven’t paid for a haircut in about 4 years.
8) I know almost every word from the following Beastie Boys albums: License To Ill, Paul’s Boutique and Check Your Head.
9) I have no view of the outside from my office at work. I’m trapped!
10) I have watched more episodes of The Bachelor than I’d like to admit.
11) My favorite color is blue.
12) My favorite number is 2.
13) I’ve seen my house from above in a 4-seater airplane.
14) I think my wife would choose me over Edward…I think.
15) My favorite skateboard company is Element.
16) I own a long board.
17) I’ve caught and eaten a 17” golden trout.
18) I’ve driven a 1928 Ford Roadster Pickup
19) I’ve seen the Grateful Dead in concert.
20) I’ve shaken M.C. Hammer’s manager’s hand.
21) I eat my steaks and hamburgers medium.
22) I was a high school football coach.
23) I not only know what a Pionjar is but I have used one.
24) I know how to saddle a horse.
25) I lived in Yosemite Nat’l Park for over15 summers.
26) I’ve stepped in both my dog’s puke and poo in the middle of the night.
27) I’ve bought & drank canned beer from an Italian vending machine in Florence.
28) Cow tongue tastes pretty good.
29) I enjoy cutting, splitting, chopping and stacking wood.
30) I have been to 10 US states.

8 comments:

Kris said...

What a cute idea!

I have to know: who is Edward?

Megs said...

Happy b-day Mike

Who is Edward??? What?? Get that girl a book ;)

Melanie H. said...

Happy birthday Mike!
*I wonder the same thing...who is Edward? From Twilight?

The Fredy Family said...

OK before Lindsey dies from reading these comments I will clarify who Edward is.

Yes he is from Twilight. Rob Pattinson plays him in the movie.

Edward is the perfect man. Lindsey and I fully support one and other with our love for all that is Edward and Rob.

2 more days Lins!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All Edward, All Night!!!

Megs said...

Every time I see a commercial for the movie I get all giddy and gushy inside, even though I have seen it three times. I am pathetic. I am thinking of reading the entire series again :)

Katie said...

Happy birthday Mike!

So, Aimee, who WOULD you pick? Edward or Mike? ;)

Petersen Family said...

Deep breath Lindsey. Those who have not been introduced to Edward are missing one of the purest joys in life. Edward is in love with me and sneaks into my bedroom to watch me sleep at night and I am okay with that.

Aimee would pick you over Edward. But what would help your case was if you leaned how to play the piano or guitar, sparkled in the sunlight, or played baseball during thunder storms. Good luck with all that.

Oh, and Happy Birthday. Welcome to an elite club where we do not get any sort of discount much to my disappointment.

The Fredy Family said...

Lindsey, Mike wanted me to let you know that he does play guitar, he has played baseball in a storm, and he for sure doesn't sparkle in the sun because of his 5 o'clock shadow,