Monday, April 27, 2009

A general update

I have been back at work for 2 weeks now. I am loving my new schedule. I have more time at home with the kids which on some days is wonderful and on other days I wish I was at work. Cole is really putting me through the ringer right now. He is in even sense of the words in the terrible twos stage. I always feel so bad when I complain about his bad behavior because he can be just a sweet little boy also, who tells me "IIIIII wove uoo" (I love you) and gives me big hugs and kisses. But when you get slapped in the face for not letting him have fruit snacks it's hard to want to be around the little guy.

His vocabulary is increasing every day. This past weekend he started saying "shoer" (sure) when we would ask him questions like "Do you want to go to the park?" or "Would you like a cookie?" He also really tries to repeat words we ask him to say.

When there are other kids around Cole acts different than he normally would in a given situation. For example I did a photo shoot on Saturday and we did some studio stuff and the little one year old had no interest in standing in front of the back drop. Cole was watching us trying to herd him in to the desired area and I asked Cole if he would show Ben where to stand and Cole walked right up to the back drop and faced me! He would NEVER do that for me if I was trying to get pictures of him. So we had Cole guide Ben around and I actually got some decent shots with his help!

Siena is still growing! She has rolls galore on her legs are they are just as cute as ever. She will actually go to sleep on her own in the crib at night which is awesome. Even when I woke her up on accident, I just walked out of the room and she was back asleep with in about 10 minutes. I thought we had passed through the fussy night time stage but it reemerged Saturday night. Not as bad as it once was but still loud.

The next few weeks are going to be filled with chaos at the Fredy house with room switching, paints, patio door installing, etc.... should make for a fun time!

No comments: