Monday, August 17, 2009

Siena's 6 month check up and a photo shoot

Siena had her 6 month check up today and she is still growing like a champ! She weighed in at 14# 9 1/2 oz (22%) and is 24 1/2 inches tall (11%). Her weight to height ratio puts her in the 65% percentile which is a 30% drop from 95% at two months ago. So her height is catching up to her chub! She is right where she should be with sitting up, rolling over (which she does but prefers not to), and is ready to start solids. She will be getting her vaccines in a week or so, since we are all still trying to get over this cold.

This weekend I wanted to do a photo shoot with the new camera (Canon 5d Mark II - woo hoo!!!!!!). So be prepared for a lot of pictures!


One of my favorite shots. I have been trying and trying to get sun flare in the pictures and with the new L glass lens it just sorta happened. I love this camera and lens. I am in heaven and on my way to a great profession!
These next few pictures are her "I'm tollerating you taking my picture" face. She cracks a few smiles here and there. I also think since this was the longest period of time she has sat up she was concentrating on that as well.


Usually when I see this face it is followed by her grabbing my hair and trying to eat it. If unsuccessful she then goes for my nose.
Siena's first grass experience. She loved it. We need to get our grass put in soon!

Raspberry on it's way out.


I love the back lit mohawk.



Time for some mommy and me pictures. Finally some good ones of us together. Since I am always behind the camera I and really making an effort to be in more photos which of course also means I need to shower everyday or at least look decent. :-)






And then of course we have the "I'm really tired of you taking my picture face" or the "feed me know before I explode face".





Some quality brother and sister time.




2 comments:

Petersen Family said...

I like the serial killer shot of Cole with Siena.....nothing like a good strangle. Great shots Aimee! Your new camera suits you well.

JCW said...

I love these! You take amazing photos, so you got a new camera?! Cool! Our laptop died so we got another one this last week from Roger's brother. I have to get all our photoshop stuff on it so I can start practicing.