Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rice Cereal

Why am I having such a hard time with starting Siena on solids? It has actually made me sick to my stomach. I think what is making this hard is that it signifies that she is no longer an infant. It was so easy with Cole. I even offered him his first rice cereal at 4 months. Siena is in her second week of being 6 months and still no rice cereal. I think it was because I knew there would be another baby. Another sweet little baby that needed nothing but me for food. And now it has gone by way to quickly. She is already half a year old. I am bummed. I will get over it, I think. But she is so ready for this. Today at Rubios she launched herself into my Chipolte Chicken Ranch salad twice, both times coming up with a handful of gucamole. She want to eat so badly. So I gave in.









Can you tell she loved it? She was all over that spoon and made it difficult for me to even feed her at one point because she kept grabbing it. Cole was dancing on the table saying "Sea-ah-na rice".

1 comment:

Erin and Garrett said...

they grow too fast! I am already seeing major changes in Quinn, he is losing that newborn look already. I wish there was a "pause" or "slow down" button that we could push...at least it is a good reminded to savor every moment!