Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fun with the new camera

I am having so much fun with this new camera and lenses. It is a truly amazing camera and the L glass lenses are SO worth the money. I am so lucky!

This first picture was taken with the fish eye. I cropped it so the obvious fish eye effect isn't there, but if you really look at Cole and the toys it is noticeable that the fish eye lens was used.
Another thing I am so excited about is that the camera takes such good pics that less editing is required which means faster turn around.

The only thing besides cropping that I did in this picture was sharped his eyelashes.

This picture I love because of the sun flare. I have been trying to get sun flare for years and I have had no success. Then this past weekend at the park I was able to get it with out even trying. So yesterday I used the fish eye again (cropped picture) and I was able to get this amazing sun flare. This is the "gathering tree" where everyone meets if there is an emergency, fire, etc....

I was also able to borrow a friends telephoto lenses last night so I can test them out before deciding which one I want. It was so nice of him to let me borrow them. I was able to figure out which one I wanted with out having to rent on for $100! I can't wait to add it to my collection!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I love all your new photos! I am so excited that you were able to get your new (dream) camera and lens--you lucky girl! I am thinking of getting the 70-200 2.8. I would love to get closer photos of Jake's soccer games. Do you have that one? I hear great things about it.