Sunday, August 16, 2009

My worst nightmare come true

We all know how much I love lizards, right??? Well I bet you can guess just how much I love snakes then. I am at the computer editing photos, nursing Siena, and talking on the phone to my mom (yes I am a very good multi tasker) and I hear the cry, the cry of the hunter and her prey. I quickly pull my feet up in the chair and turned slowly around fully expecting to see her with a lizard. I look down and I see it, it's olive green skin, moving quickly on the ground, slithering around looking for anyway out. I start screaming (just ask my mom, I had to hang up the phone). I looked for an escape route that involved not touching the ground. Not any options plus Siena was in my arms and any sudden leaps might result in Siena flying, plus after looking back at her with her wide eyes she gave me this look like "why did you wake me up screaming?", I decided I needed to at least act brave. So after reassessing the situation I decided that since the snake had gotten itself stuck under one of Cole's shirts I was safe to run as fast as I could out of the room. I get to the halfway and I am calling for Mike. He is in Cole's room. I whisper his name and each time I don't get a response I get louder and louder until I hear Cole's saying "dada, mama ahhhh!" Ah crap, I woke up the kid. Finally Mike comes out of the room (he had been listening to his ipod) with this look of "this better be good...." I say in my calmest voice "THAT STUPID CAT BROUGHT A SNAKE IN THE HOUSE!" Ok so I wasn't calm or quiet. I stood in the kitchen peeking into the office waiting for Mike to get it out. Once it was gone (I requested it be thrown over the side of the deck) he came back in and gave me this look of "are you done peeing your pants?"

Now I feel like vomiting. And because I love to torture myself, here is a picture of the sick and disgusting creature that was in my office. No I didn't take it. My office does not have dried up pine needles on the floor.


2 comments:

MegsCamaren said...

Oh my gosh that thing is HUGE!!! I can't believe your cat actually brought it in. You poor thing :(

JCW said...

I would have died. Died. DIED. Thank goodness Mike was home huh?