Thursday, August 13, 2009

Capitola and the beach

Saturday morning we all slept in and I can't remember the last time I slept till 9 am! Boy did that feel good! We went to Capitola to get some coffee and walk around. What a cute little town. I like I like it better than Carmel.
Who wouldn't want to rent one of these adorable little beach houses?









These brightly colored beach houses are a landmark in Capitola.








Cole had fun checking out the "ocean" water.






Can you find the baby?


Our wonderful hosts for the weekend.

After a great time in Capitola and a bbq lunch at home we headed out to New Brighton State Beach.


Cole snuggled right up to Megan.





Our first family beach photo.

Mike was so good with Cole. Cole was scared of the water at first but the longer they stayed out there the more at ease Cole got.






The best quote of the day comes from a little girl wandering by dragging a foam board. She looks at me and says "I love your baby, but why is she sucking her toes?"

All of a sudden massive amounts of birds came from the north and swarmed this one area of the ocean. There were hundreds if not thousands of birds dive bombing the ocean. A few minutes earlier there were sea lions and dolphins swimming around. They joined in on the fish feeding fun.




While Mike was in the ocean swimming (crazy person!) we all hung out in the sand watching him get slammed by waves.






Megan did a great job keeping Cole entertained.


Siena chose to sleep.

Mike was in heaven. He loves going in the ocean. I don't. In fact I won't be caught dead in it. And I am totally justified in that because just yesterday this beach along with two more are currently closed due to great white sharks feeding there. I am beginning to think those weren't dolphins we saw. And why were there beheaded sea lions on the beach???


If we weren't on a beach or wandering around a town, Cole could be found here, watching on demand from Comcast - Thomas the train (choo choo), Yo gabba gabba (gab gab), or Madagascar Escape to Africa, which we must buy! One of my new favorite kiddo movies.

4 comments:

Erin and Garrett said...

looks like a fun weekend! I dont blame you on not getting in the water, we have the great whites up here too and there is no way I would ever, ever get in...and it is freezing year round! i prefer the bath like water temps...like Hawaii...ha!!

Elizabeth said...

Hi, I'm a lurker but I wanted to say hi! I live in Australia on the coast and we spent our weekend at our beach (so this post is great). I also wanted to say thanks for sharing.
Kind Regards
Elizabeth

MegsCamaren said...

It was a very fun weekend for sure. So glad you guys made it out. I am going to pretty much steal this post and repost it on my blog :)

JCW said...

What a fun trip, I love the colored houses and Siena's little bikini : )