Friday, August 14, 2009

Santa Cruz Flea Market

What an experience that was! I have not been to Denios yet, but I would imagine it was something similar to this even down to the guy in a wheelchair with a cat in a mesh box on the front of it. I loved the amount of produce available and it was dirt cheap! $.99 for a cantaloupe or honeydew. $3.50 for a half flat of strawberries. We even got Cole a baseball glove for $1. He is in heaven and hasn't put it down since. I would have taken some pics but I was still recovering from a cold and decided not to carry around the camera. This place was packed full of people looking for a good deal. It was kind of like a giant garage sale, which of course I love to go to. Ha! I can't stand garage sales. The one thing I found besides food that was worth something were the 7 jeans. $40! Such a steal if you are a size 24, 25, or 26. So in order to enjoy those you need to weigh under 110 pounds. Oh well!

We had originally planned to head over HWY 9 to Skyline and then to HWY 280 but by the time we left it was 1 pm and we decided just to make it home fast. It was a good thing we did because we came home to a sick kitty cat. Bebe, who hides under the bed all the time, was on the couch not moving much. I didn't think anything of it at first but when the dog walked by numerous times and she never moved I knew something was wrong. I took her temp and it was 103.5! Normal for a cat is 101-102. I took her temp the next morning and it was 98.1 which is way low for a cat, like I'm dying low. I took her into work and after an examination it was determined that she has a grade II heart mummer in the right side of her heart. Her temp was at 100 but it is still low. We did blood work which showed no organ damage and the x-ray showed no tumors or heart problems. She weighed in at 13# 8oz which is almost a pound and a half loss from a year ago at 14# 11 1/2 oz. I took her home Tuesday night after her temp returned to normal. Then last night I noticed she was out and not acting normal and I took her temp again and it was 104.5! Even higher! So back to work she went this morning. I put her on the scale and she was 12# 4oz. That's 1 1/4 pound loss in 2 days. Not good. Her temp was 103.8 this morning. I am waiting to see what the next step is.

No comments: