Friday, August 8, 2008

The big boy bed - a week in review

Well I am sure a lot of you are curious about how our first week of the big boy bed has gone.  If on a scale of 1-10 with 1 being he slept in his bed 1 night and 10 being absolute perfection, I am gonna say ummm...... -5.  The first day Cole loved that bed.  He jumped right in and and went to sleep.  I put him down for his naps awake and he didn't even get up.  Fast forward to now.
He's back in the cage.  This is his "I've given up and passed out position".  He fought me for 1 1/2 hours to take a nap.  I put him in bed, he gets up.  I put him back, he gets up and lays behind the door so I can't open it and cries.  I give him milk and cheese which he eats like I have been starving him.  However, he is the one that only  30 minutes before chose to only eat his chips and onion dip instead of also eating the 1 chicken nugget and the grilled cheese sandwich.  So after a quick cuddle session and then telling him again it was nap time, he went to the cage and cried for about 10 minutes.  Now he's asleep, hopefully till 3 pm.

3 comments:

Petersen Family said...

Well...5 is better than my kids would do. It's good you didn't pack away that crib just quite yet. It's 3:15 now....I hope he is still sleeping for you :)

The Fredy Family said...

No it's a negative 5! I will have to make it more obvious on the post. :-)

Matthews Mayhem said...

Yes it happens to the best of us my dear! Just stay strong and consistent and he will sleep eventually. Then you can go back to the big boy bed when he is sleeping better. I have a picture of Kyle laying in his first big boy bed just like you did and I was sooo happy...It lasted one day. ONE! I was pulling out my hair. I made the huge mistake of letting him sleep with us because it is easy-but it is not in the long run!! Tough love Mommy and Daddy!! xoxoxoxo :-)