Sunday, September 19, 2010

First rain and wedding season is slowing down

We just got back from Santa Cruz for the second time in 3 weeks.  I am exhausted.  I love photographing weddings but I am tired.  I have made changes to my pricing so if I am hired for the day it pays well.  Yesterdays wedding was 13 hours on my old pricing and it was exhausting.  We got up early this morning and were home by 11:30am!  So we can still enjoy the day!  It rained this afternoon and it was amazing.  I get so excited for the start of each new season and I love the start of fall.  There just something about that crisp air and gentle rain that I love.  We are starting early on firewood this year so we don't "almost" run out like last year.  We (and by we I mean Mike) has a lot of firewood to split.  I do help stack it though.

This coming weekend is my last wedding for this year on the books.  This will be 11 total for this year which is up from 2 last year.  I am excited to see where I end up for 2011.  I already have 4 booked and 4 on the hook!  :-)  Who knew raising my prices would generate more business!

My goal is to be totally caught up by Dec 1st.  I am taking the month of December off from photography (unless there is a newborn or last minute wedding) to get caught up on life, blurb books and just enjoy the holidays!  I am looking forward to starting 2011 off on a good clean slate.


No comments: