Wednesday, October 14, 2009

When the power goes out for 24 hours...

Some of us take pictures with stickers on our noses (don't mind my unshowered appearance - no power means no water at all. Wells & pumps need electricity ) Don't you city folks wanna live in the mountains?

Others go to sleep really early.
It is not fun to have no power for 24 hours. The diapers were half way finished drying so I had to dry them next to the wood stove. Thank goodness for the wood stove though. We can at least stay warm with out the lights! The fridge / freezer is not anywhere close to being new so it started defrosting fast. My mom ended up taking all our food to her place. I had way to much Trader Joe's frozen food to let that go to waste. The only casualty was 4 gallons of ice cream. I am having serious ice cream with drawls.

2 comments:

Erin and Garrett said...

did you end up getting a big storm? we didn't get much up here other than a few inches of rain and a bit of wind. I remember last year, I think it was, Garrett's parents lost power for over a week during a winter storm. I can't even imagine.

Elizabeth said...

We also live rurally (sp?) and need the power to run our water and toilet etc... Its such a treat when the power goes out!
It look like you made the most of it though.
Thanks for sharing
Elizabeth