Thursday, October 8, 2009

31 Months

For the first time in my blog history I forgot to document Cole's month b-day. It may not seem like a big deal to most but to me it is and to forget it just proves how much I need a vacation. I am running on empty at this point.

Ok on to Cole:

Cole is saying sentences now! Most of the time he leaves out the prepositions but occasionally they make it in to the sentences. Some of his sentences:

"It is fun at Becca's" (day care)
"Siena is at Becca's" (looking at a picture of Siena on facebook that Rebecca posted)
"Grandpa is a cheeseball"
"Cole do it mama"
"I make coffee"
"Mocha please"
"No go pee pee"
"Hi she she" (saying sissy to Siena)
"Oni chase big camels in tree"
"Oni catch baby camels" (onyx does not catch baby deer)
"Watch Woody?" (Toy Story)


Cole has also been requesting to be a baby. When ever I am holding Siena he climbs into my lap and says "Two babies" or if Siena is crying he also gets in my lap and fake cries. It's actually pretty darn cute. If she is in her diaper he takes off his clothes so he is also on in a diaper and then lays next to her and mimics what ever she is doing. He loves to be a part of her physical therapy and is always saying "Cole roll over" and then claps for him self.
One thing that I just find fascinating is how much he remembers things. We a home depot ad in the mail and I had it in a pile of trash. He ran up to it, grabbed it and said "my homa depot". How does this kid know that it was for Home Depot? With Mike working at it's competition we certainly don't take him there. It was super funny though. He also knows what the word "coffee" looks like. Truly his fathers son.

He is still not potty trained but he pee's at least once a day on the potty (or floor, stove, or wall if we don't catch him when he is naked). He has pooped once on the potty at my mom's house. He is using the potty as a way to avoid nap time or bed time so we are for sure not potty training soon because he will live in the bathroom at this rate. When ever he gets his diaper off he says "It's a naked boy" and runs around.
This is the look we get just after he has thrown himself on the ground in protest. Here he didn't want his picture taken or to take a nap. Cole is really pushing his limits with us right now. Everything is a struggle. Diaper changes are awful, shower / baths are unimaginable. He puts up a fight and screams like you can't even imagine. I sure hope this passes soon. He truly is a sweet boy but when he is upset, watch out.

He is loving day care right now. It is good for him to be some where, where he is not top dog, or king of the castle. He really loves Siena and since implementing the rule where he can't touch her with out telling us what he is going to do, he has only bitten her once since labor day! I consider that a success! He is constantly kissing her and hugging her.

His current favorite foods include apples, pears, quesadilla (which he can say!), yogurt, popcicles, and chicken nuggets. He ate an entire Adele's Chicken and Gorgonzola sausage at my parents house one night.

No comments: