Saturday, October 24, 2009

Eventful Saturday morning

So yesterday when I talked with the nurse I was told that if Siena's fever rose above 101.5 I would have to bring her in Saturday morning. So last night around 8pm she was at 102 and then at 3 am she was at 103.8. Poor little girl! So I called this morning and got an appointment for 9:45 this morning. We of course are running behind and so we get out the door at 9:35 and it takes about 15 minutes (depending on lights) to get there. We needed gas but after talking we decided that the light had come on and we had only driven about 15 miles so I decided that we would be fine and Mike could just drop Siena and I off and then go get gas. Well 5 minutes down the road we ran out of gas! We have never run out of gas. Oh man was Mike mad at me for not wanting to quickly run to the gas station by our house and fill up.

So anyways, the Xterra shuts down and we are basically coasting on HWY 80. We were able to make it to the next exit and park about half way up just past where the CHP had pulled over a driver for speeding. So we sat with our hazards on while I made phones calls trying to find some one to bring us gas before calling AAA. The CHP officer pulled up next to us and asked if everything was ok. I said "yes, we just ran out of gas" He responds with "Did you think the empty light meant you still had gas?" So he offered to call AAA. I told him we had AAA but we were trying to get ahold of some one else first before calling. So he gets a call and takes off and I call AAA. They got some one to us with in 10 minutes because we were a hazard and had sick small children in the car. While on the phone the poor AAA lady had a hard time hearing me because Cole kept saying "Go dada, go".

While we were waiting I was trying to get Mike to laugh because he was so mad at me and of course the CHP guy didn't help what-so-ever with his little remark, which I thought was funny and we did kind of deserve it. So anyways, I attempted to make Mike laugh and finally got a reaction out of him that wasn't grumpy. The AAA guy show up with gas and Cole sees him and says "Gas-O-lean guy, more gas?" So the guy filled us up and then asked us if we had ever had bear jerky. Random question, but I guess for around here not so much. We said no so he went to the truck and grabbed some that he had made from a bear he had killed and gave us some. It was actually pretty good. Cole ate it until it got to spicy and then said "no more bear turkey mama"

We got to the doctor's about 30 minutes late which was ok because I had let them know what had happened. Siena has lost about 4 oz in weight and is now possibly developing an ear infection. Her temperature was at 99.5 there which isn't horrible high. Her oxygen levels are at 99% and her chest sounds good. So the positive about going was at least finding out that she maybe developing an ear infection and to get her on antibiotics right away. With already having the swine flu I am not interested in waiting it out to see if the ear thing develops into something more.

We get home from the doctors and Onyx had gotten into the trash and spread it around the kitchen. She knew she was in trouble too. She tucked her head and walked slowly outside. Cole came in from the car and saw me picking up the trash and said "Oni get into trash?" I said "yes, she did" Cole says "Oni in trouble?" "Yes, Cole she is". Cole then proceeds to find Onyx and put her in a time out. Haha!!!

So I hope the second half of the day goes better than the first.

2 comments:

Esther and Brian said...

Oh boy, that is a tough morning. The important thing is that you got Sienna there and she got the meds that she needs right now.

You know, I ran out of gas one time while I was like 8.5 months pregnant with the twinkies! But the police officer was more than happy to get me so gas, he was so nice and no funny comments either. I felt silly but hey, I blamed it on the hormones and such!

:) Happy Saturday Night!

Erin and Garrett said...

I would call that a worst case scenario for sure! hopefully you will be able to laugh about it pretty soon...