Friday, October 2, 2009

Pink Cheeks

First off, isn't it just adorable when kids are sick and they get the super pink cheeks. That makes up for all of the snot, sneezing and lack of sleep.

So with that being said, Miss Siena is sick, again. Not chicken pox this time. Just a cold. A stupid cold that hit late at night. A really stupid cold that caused her to be so congested that neither she nor I could sleep. I tried sleeping on the couch propping her up, no luck. By 2:30 am Thursday morning I started getting worried. I probably overreacted (ok so I totally overreacted) and took her to the ER. Every time I tried to clear her nose with the bulb syringe she would choke. It freaked me out!

So we spent over an hour and a half at the ER sitting on our butts listening to a Dr. that thought he was a comedian. Seriously! I wanted to tell him to shut up, tell me my daughter is ok, let me go home so I can sleep. Siena was already super upset at the first nurse who was not so kind when taking her temperature. Siena cussed her out for 10 minutes and gave her the evil eye. It was pretty funny, maybe not at 3 in the morning but looking back now it was.

So anyways, she was fine. All she needed was the cool air outside to un clog her congestion. So a 1 hour long comedy show and a bottle of saline will probably end up costing up $250. Major bummer but now I know for the future.

Here she is admiring her brother who is being a trouble maker. Post to follow on exactly what he was up to when she was looking at him.

No comments: