Sunday, September 7, 2008

The first haircut

I have been dreading the FIRST haircut for a while now.  Not for the reason most of you think.  It isn't because I am sad to see his hair get cut for the first time (although a tear almost made it out). I am sick of having his little hairs go up my nose when cuddling.  It is bad enough pregnancy makes me congested for 9 months, I don't need help sneezing from Cole's hair.  But the MAIN reason was because I knew after a drive to the hair place and then forcing Cole to sit on one of our laps while some stranger touched his head, was going to be an embarrassing event.

LUCKILY for us our good neighbor Charlie cuts hair and she offered to give him a hair cut awhile back.  And this weekend we decided it was time to take her up on the offer.






Thank you Charlie!
I know it doesn't look too different than before, only about 1 inch got cut off.  I was not totally ready to chop the curls and go for the faux hawk......yet.

2 comments:

JCW said...

Aw, did you save a lock for his baby book? Is that gross?

Glad it went well!

Katie said...

Oh, the first haircut! I'm glad you weren't ready to chop off all those locks . . . he is too damn cute with them! Little hippie boy.