Sunday, September 21, 2008

Anniversary Trip to Tahoe

Cole acting like he cares that he is leaving us for a day and a half.
(by the way - this was the FIRST time I have spent the night away from Cole.  It was a little bit easier than I thought it would be.)

We went here first to wander around.  Got hungry and left to Kings Beach to find a cheeper lunch.
We had lunch here.  OVERPRICED and NOT GOOD.
Don't waste your time or money.
Should have eaten in Truckee.
I took Mike to the miniature golf course that I went to as a kid.  Still the same and still a lot of fun!

Mike kicked my butt.
I was almost 30 over par...

Beautiful views of the lake from Kings Beach



We had an amazing dinner at Gar Woods. 
Mike chose the restaurant about 2 months ago.
To our surprise we were treated to dinner by my parents.
Sneaky Sneaky!


The view from our table


Appetizer: Coconut Prawns - eaten way too fast to document with a photo
I also had French Onion Soup - as always a good choice



Chicken Picata

Jerk rubbed pork tenderloin

The restaurants dock at night

View back to Gar Woods

I think my pants may have still been unbuttoned at this point.
Too full from all the food.
We got White Chocolate Snicker Cheesecake to go.

The cabin in Rainbow we got to stay at for the night.
Thanks goes out to the Bonner's!


We played Yahtzee and ate cheesecake by the fire.

The only reason I had to get up in the middle of the night was to pee.
No child to tend too!
Onyx was so happy to see us, she jumped into the car to greet us with kisses.

Cole's reaction to seeing us was not so sweet.  He ran and hid between my mom's legs and then when I picked him up he head butted me and started crying.  Missed you too sweets.

4 comments:

JCW said...

Wow that restaurant looks awesome! I absolutely love french onion soup, it's my favorite.

Katie said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! That's so awesome of your parents to pay for it! Looks delicious!

TayTay said...

looks like you guys had alot of fun! very cute pics... that cheesecake thing sounds awesome:)mmm

Cole said...

Hey I love the pictures! Only thing that really distracted my eye was Mike's shoes.