Tuesday, May 13, 2008

That's an interesting way to eat


I let Cole walk around with food.  I know, you are probably wondering why in my right mind would I let a 14 month old walk around with food.  Most of the time he goes right over to his big green chair and sits in it and eats, unless of course Onyx is in the house, then he runs in circles holding his food in the air giggling as Onyx follows, like the shark that she is, closely behind hoping to get "whatever it is" that he has in his hands.  Today was an exception to his "usual doing".  Today he chose to smash his "This apple walks into a bar" (Trader Joe's version of a Nutragrain bar) onto the fireplace surround and then proceed to lick it off.  Why you might ask?  After being a mom of a little boy for a year now, the answer to that is - 

Boy's are gross - They eat anything and everything from toilet paper to dog food.  They will eat the food that they handed to the dog and then "took back" and ate it themselves. Their main goal during a bath (if it isn't to poop or pee in the tub) is to eat the Burt's Bees body wash just because it smells good.  I'm not one to hold my son back from exploring, but some of the things he chooses to eat / do are down right gross.  I fear for when he is a teenager.  I can only imagine what he will want to eat / do then.


No comments: