Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cole's first "pet"

If you know me, then you know that my kids will NEVER own caged animals.  Why?  Because I am mean.  Also because it's always mom who ends up cleaning the animals cages and the house smells like a hampster and it's gross.  Yes I work at a Veterinary hospital but I don't like living with lots of animals and I certainly don't like caged ones.  Ok now that that's all out this gigantic moth flew into my in-laws house next door.  It hit the screen door so hard it opened it up!  Carole caught it and put it in this tupperware for Cole to see.  I figured it had suffocated to death (don't call PETA) and was not going anywhere.  Cole assumed it was alive and talked to it all night and the next morning.  He fed it chips and told it everything that he was doing.  I wanted to get a photo of Cole holding it to illustrate just how big it was.




But we were outsmarted by a moth.  Shortly after Cole petted it's wing it suddenly came back to life and flew away as fast as it could.  Needless to say it hasn't been back since.  I don't think it enjoyed our hospitality.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

You're not mean, no caged animals allowed here either. Husband and I had no problem agreeing on that!

Have you thought of the butterfly thing though (there are commercials on TV). I had one for one of my third grade classes once and we LOVED it. Very cool and then you release them and are done!