Tuesday, May 22, 2012

ER for me

I arrived home from Phoenix yesterday morning and even though I was tired, I thought the day had gone really well.  I felt pretty good considering I had been traveling over a 36 hour period.  But at 2 am today I woke up to the room spinning and totally nauseated.  I had never experienced something like that before.  I was able to crawl to the bathroom and I dry heaved for close to an hour (or so it felt like).  At 6am I was awake again and still spinning.  I had Mike take me to the ER because I assumed I was dehydrated.  They gave me 2 liters of IV fluids and medication for nausea and the vertigo.  I hope that I never have to experience vertigo again.  That was awful.  I slept most of Monday which felt wonderful.  Hopefully I will be back on track soon.

1 comment:

JCW said...

I am not kidding this EXACT same thing happened to me in early April. Woke up room spinning and teetering, lying back down made it worse, dry-heaved and threw up on the carpet...all the way to the bathroom, dry-heaving there and try to get my head to stop spinning. I sat on the couch ALL day long, perfectly still, sleeping most of the day. It was awful and weird, I hope it never happens again.