Monday, January 2, 2012

2/366

Sometimes I let moments pass me by because I am always running to get my camera and that's part of the reason why I wanted to do this project 366 from my iphone. It's always accessible and ready to go.  This morning while laying in bed with the kids I started to get out of bed and Cole said to me "mommy will you stay in bed with us and watch the sun wake up?  It's really pretty out side"  How could I not get right back in bed with them?  While laying there Cole tells me to take a picture of it.  My kids are so used to me with the camera it's kind of sad.  I told him I wanted to lay here with them and not worry about the camera.  He begged me to get it.  So I got up and grabbed my iphone out of the office (no phones or tv in the bedroom) and ran back in bed.  This photo isn't perfect.  The screen door was closed, hence the little squares all over the photo but the best part about this 1 photo a day project is that it doesn't have to be a perfect photo.  Had I wanted that perfect shot I would have had to run outside and around the house the open the screen door since our bed blocks it from the inside. I would have to taken the RAW file from my camera, opened it in Lightroom, processed it, exported it  and resized it.  I would have totally missed the moment of the perfect sunrise AND I would have spent an extra 5-10 minutes getting the photo ready.  Instead I got to lay in bed with the kids and watch the sunrise and use my handy dandy ( and amazingly wonderful iphone). You know what though?  I was wrong.  This photo is perfect.  It's a reminder of a perfect morning spent watching the sunrise with the kids.

No comments: