Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Pure Luck

The check engine light came on in my car.  Not exactly what I wanted to see considering that the extended warranty we had purchased on the car ended at 70,000 miles.  So I took the Xterra in to Applegate Garage (the best place ever) and had them run the diagnostic test on it to see what was going on.  Turns out it is the catalytic converter.  Something that costs over $1000 to fix.  What I love about our mechanic is that instead of telling me this and paying to fix it, he called down to Future Nissan in Roseville to check to see if it was still under warranty.  Turns out it was, if the car was under 80,000 miles.  My car was at 79,607.  Holy crap.  That was close.  I am still in disbelief over the whole thing.  It also turns out that my car was needed in for a recall as well on a knuckle joint in the steering column.  So I pick up my car tomorrow and we are just so grateful that it wasn't the $1000 coming out of our pocket.  We have way more important things to buy......

Like the iPad 2.  I have been waiting for this day for a long time.  Can not wait until March 11.  However you wont see me lined up at 5am waiting in line.  I prefer to shop from the comfort of my own home.

can not wait!

No comments: