Friday, March 4, 2011

Lack of sleep

It's been about 2 weeks now since Siena decided that she was not going to go down for a nap or bed time with out throwing a huge fit and by fit I mean screaming "Mommy" or "daddy" or just crying for HOURS in her crib standing up.

Last night was the final straw.  She fell asleep on my lap on the couch (both kids did).  We got her to bed which was a miracle of it's own because she would normally wake up and start screaming as well.  Well at midnight last night Siena woke up.  For about 10 minutes I laid there hoping she would go back to sleep.  Didn't happen.  So I went in and checked her diaper, changed it because it was kind of wet, and told her it was still bed time and good night.  Well that back fired on me.  Siena was up until 3:30 screaming at us.  Mike went in there once and sat next to the crib and held her hand and she fell asleep for 20 minutes and then was up again screaming at us.  Cole came in to our room at 1am because as he said "mommy siena is screaming and I can't sleep".  Finally at 3:30 we gave up and Mike brought her in bed with us and she was silent.

We are both at our wits end with her and her lack of sleeping.


I have to make Cole's cake tonight for his party tomorrow.

Red food coloring galore.  I don't like red velvet cake mix.  Yuck!  But Cole wanted a cake that looked like blood.






It's going to take forever to frost this thing.

No comments: